Gender Equality Monitoring (GEM) Platform
This platform is developed to address two key issues: gender data gap at sub-national level, and accessibility to gender statistics which is critical to examine and track changes in gender inequality.
This platform helps track the performance of promoting gender equality in Cambodia and Vietnam. It visualizes gender inequality at sub-national, including gender inequality index (GII), and gender gaps in various sectors such as education, health, employment, household decision-making etc. It also offers an official and periodically updated sex disaggregated data repository for public use.
This platform can be used by gender advocates, policymakers, researchers and development practitioners to:
1. Identify gender issues for report, research and policy planning
2. Understand sub-national level dynamics that contribute to gender inequality
3. Establish baseline data for tracking gender inequality
Subscribe to tool updates
- Women/gender organizations
- Gender advocates
- Development Practitioners