Gender Equality Monitoring (GEM) Platform
This platform is developed to address two key issues: gender data gap at sub-national level, and accessibility to gender statistics which is critical to examine and track changes in gender inequality.
The Gender Equality Monitoring (GEM) platform offers open access to officially published data and periodically updated sex disaggregated data repository. It visualizes gender gaps at subnational level in various sectors such as education, health, employment, access to information, intra-household decisionmaking, political participation, as well as gender inequality index (GII). These are starting points to further explore the causes and more complex dynamics of gender inequality.
Data in the GEM Platform can be used for free by gender advocates, policymakers, researchers and development practitioners to:
- Identify gender data gaps in sectors at sub-national level
- Establish baseline data for tracking gender inequality
- Understand subnational level dynamics that contribute to gender inequality
- Increase interministerial cooperation on data collection, data sharing, gender analysis and gender-responsive planning
- Women/gender organizations
- Gender advocates
- Development Practitioners